16/01/2011

pointless



images from weheartit

I seem to be doing most of my blogging late at night now a days, so I'm sat here listening to delicate by damein rice on repeat ready to write. Lately I've been thinking what's the point in things, I'm back at uni now and I just keep asking myself what's the point in me being here? So I can get a degree to get a job for the rest of my life that I will hopefully enjoy? It all seems a bit pointless really don't you think? I would love to just stop what I'm doing right now and travel to a hot, beautiful beach and lie in the sand or walk under the sun in a warm field. I think I'm starting to feel a bit claustrophobic, I don't know whether it's being sat in this tiny room or whether it's that I feel I'm being told what to do with my life but I don't feel I have any freedom (which is quite strange because usually that's what you're meant to feel when you go to university.) I watched the devil wears prada today and it kind of scared me a little, I know with it being a film it would have been exaggerated but if that's what the fashion industry is like then thats the last place I want to be. I don't understand the cruelty in people nowadays, how if you're not perfect then you're nothing. I just wonder if any of it is worth it, how can working all your life so you have a good life actually be any good because your working all the time so it can't be that good at all. For those lucky people who get the job of there dreams it maybe but for the majority of humans we spend our life doing something totally pointless. Do I think it's worth it? no. I'd rather be lying on a beach somewhere enjoy life with no money whatsoever.

Love Hannah xo

No comments: